- world market leader
- technicians in 130 ports
- certified for all brands
Custom-built new elevators for your vesselDesigning and building marine elevators to suit a ship’s unique requirements is a service we’ve developed after years of servicing and repairing other manufacturers’ elevators to perform like new again. As manufacturers of new marine elevators under the MR Marine name, we have positioned ourselves as a customizer. We use standard, modular-designed components to build one-of-a-kind elevators, specifically for the space and usage requirements of each vessel.
Your needs are uniqueWe do not offer standard off-the-shelf products. Working together with a renowned Dutch design agency, we consider each aspect of the required look and functionality to produce a design sketch for our customer’s approval or suggestions. Once the completed design is approved by our customer, we obtain class society approval (DNV, ABS, LR, GL, BV, RINA, NK and KR) to assure you of compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
Some specific features of our new ships' elevators:
- Upgraded safety allowances for power factor and structures
- Type approved fire proof landing doors (A-0 and A-60)
- Home landing operation
- Smooth riding comfort
- Energy-saving control and drive system
- Efficient and accurate landing control system
- Quick installation and very easy maintenance
- Fire, CO2 or Halon alarm provided as optional to prevent a person to accessing the engine room area in case of fire and or gas leakage
A cosmopolitan caseWe installed our MR Elevator branded elevators for Zakum Development Company (ZADCO) at Zakum oil field, north-west of Abu Dhabi Islands. It is truly an international collaboration: a Dutch designed marine elevator using European components (from Italy, UK and Netherlands), assembled in the Netherlands and installed on board off the coast of Abu Dhabi.
Marine elevator specificationsMR Elevator has engineered and manufactured a broad range of marine elevators with the following basic specifications:
- Control system inverter (VVVF) drive with microprocessor control
- Speed (metres/min.) 30, 45, 60 & 96
- Capacity (kg) 360, 500, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500 & 1700
- Operation selective collective control (2BC)
- Landing door hinged type: A-60 Class
- Centre open type: A-0 & A-60 Class.
ArrangementTraction Machine The traction machine is driven by a squirrel cage induction motor and provided with an electromagnetic brake acting on the coupling between the gear and the motor. To prevent vibration from the hull, an isolation pad is equipped in the traction machine foundation. The general motor specifications are:
- Motor Protection: IP 23, IP44 & IP54
- Insulation Class: B and/or F Class
- Starting times(2BC): 180 times/hour
- Ambient temperature: 45
- Variation Voltage: +6% ~ 10% at rated voltage
- Variation Frequency: 2.5% at rated frequency
CONTROL PANEL The control panel placed in the elevator machine room contains the main Inverter, PC boards, relays, rolling/pitching switch and relevant equipment for operation.
DOOR INTERLOCK Each landing door is provided with an electromechanical lock connected in series with the safety circuit. Hence, the elevator car cannot be started or kept in motion unless every lending door is fully closed and locked in compliance with safety requirements.
SPEED GOVERNOR If the car traveling speed exceeds the specified upper limit, the speed governor is activated, turning off the drive motor and activating the emergency stop device on outer frame of the car, whereby the car is stopped and secured to the rails.
EMERGENCY EXIT SWITCH If the emergency exit door in the ceiling is opened, the power disconnect switch is turned off, preventing the car from moving.
SAFETY DEVICE (for car and counterweight) Safety devices are provided under the car and counter weight. At the moment of emergency (such as dropping the car or counterweight), the safety relay with speed governor is operated by gripping the guide rails.
CAR DOOR SWITCH This switch prevents the car from starting unless the car doors are completely closed. The switch is connected with a safety line.
BRAKING SYSTEM As soon as the drive motor is turned off, a spring-loaded DC magnetic brake is applied to the motor.
EMERGENCY LIGHT This light provided on the ceiling is illuminated as soon as a power failure takes place.
CAR BUFFER Spring buffers are mounted in the elevator pit area at the bottom of the elevator trunk, under the car and counterweight.
MACHINE ROOM LAYOUT Entrance design
- Landing door
- Hinged type
- Steel with baked paint finish
- Class A-60 fire-proof door
- Vision glass (Option)
- Centre open type
- Steel with baked painting or stainless steel
- Class A-0 & A-60 fire-proof door
- Sill: Stainless steel
- Hall indicator button
- Stainless steel with hairline finished
- Car arrival light
- Car wall, car doors and ceiling
- Steel with baked paint finish
- SUS hairline finished
- SUS etching finished
- SUS mirror finished
- SUS mirror etching finished
- SUS with hairline finished
- Key-lock switch: Restricts entry into the designated deck.