Service Engineer Maritime Systems and Instrumentations (The Netherlands and Belgium)
Why Mr. Marine?
At Mr. Marine, you will be part of a young and ambitious team consisting of a diverse set of internationally-minded, hands-on professionals. You will have the opportunity to build a unique career, fueled by our global scale, support, and inclusive culture. Our dynamic environment allows you to implement and develop new business skills. Mr. Marine welcomes new ideas and initiatives that can contribute to the growth of our people and company. We are here to listen to you and take action. Join our smart, diligent, and fun team to excel in your career!
As a service engineer, you are mainly active in the inspection, calibration, certification and commissioning of maritime measurement and control systems, process instrumentation and gas detection systems onboard ships in the Netherlands and abroad.
The function encompasses more than just calibrating and certifying systems and instrumentation. You are the business card of the company. You instruct and advise the customers. This implies that you have technical knowledge about the products and systems and that you can install, connect, commission and troubleshoot faults.
Your work will never be dull! It is a challenging opportunity as in this position you will deal with a variety of systems and instrumentation and also non-maritime customers. However, we offer plenty of room to develop including an extensive internal and external induction process.
You will be busy with the following duties:
- Preparing work in close consultation with the service manager
- Carry out service visits
- Testing and approval systems
- Maintenance work
- Commissioning newly delivered systems
- Instructing and advising customers
- Consultation with the service manager.
Systems you work on every day:
- Gas Detection Systems
- Tank level measuring systems
- Gas and water analysis systems
- Electrical Control Systems
- Maritime communication and navigation equipment
- Diploma or degree in engineering, an MBO Level 4 or HBO diploma Electrical Engineering/ Measurement and Control Technology
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience
- A good understanding of business and technical English and preferably also Dutch
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Independent, positive person with eagerness for detail
- Problem-solving mindset
- Passionate about technology and self-development
- Team Player
- Having a proactive attitude and highly developed analytical skills
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Solid communication skills
Location: Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Antwerp. Short international trips may be required!
Note: EU passport or existing NL residence/working permit without restrictions is needed