Service Engineer – Elevator (Singapore)
Responsible for the field service, maintenance, repairs, and inspection of elevator systems.
- Performs technical/periodical inspections of elevator equipment and systems to ensure conformity with the required standards.
- Performs planned, preventive and corrective maintenance for elevator equipment
- Perform repairs and adjustments (electrical and mechanical)
- Troubleshooting elevator malfunctions, diagnosing, identifying and correcting problems
- Perform major mechanical repairs, replacements, and adjustments to all elevator equipment
- Carry out technical site surveys
- Carry out modernization and retrofits
- Prepares timely reports on general system or equipment issues, and replacement parts
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and with customers to provide quality service
- Ensure safety at all times
- Work closely with our technical specialists
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of traction elevators, preferably multi-brand experience
- Experience with escalator and rack & pinion elevators are an added advantage
- Good understanding of current elevator codes, policies, and procedures
- Excellent health and safety knowledge
- Perform and complete tasks independently, efficiently and accurately
- Proficient in and able to explain and demonstrate proper maintenance/inspection procedures
- Troubleshoot and identify complex elevator malfunctions
- Knowledge of multi-brand inverter drives, and controllers
- Provide leadership to instruct, train and review the work of junior technicians.
- Able to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and contractors
- Diploma or degree in engineering, preferably electrical, electronics or instrumentation
- Relevant professional qualification (diploma or certificate in elevator engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in installation and service of traction / hydraulic elevators
- Good understanding of business and technical English.
- Fluent in English and a second language, good written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires travelling within and out of the country.
- Pass offshore medical fitness tests
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Independent, positive person with eagerness for detail
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Team Player
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Problem solver
- Able to multitask
- Flexible working schedule
Visa requirements: Nationals of Singapore and/or foreign nationality with PR.