Service Engineer – Elevator (Malaysia)
About Mr. Marine
Since 2002, Mr. Marine has been serving ships worldwide. With a global network of 150 technicians present in 350+ ports, we ensure vessels’ safety and compliance 24/7, delivering excellent customer service, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Mr. Marine Elevator is the global leader in marine elevators servicing, performing jobs from Annual Safety Inspections to modernizations.
- Mr. Marine Ballast ensures the compliance of the vessels to the BWT Convention.
- Mr. Marine Instruments & Controls is at your disposal for fire and gas detection, test and calibration equipment, marine automation and instruments, among others.
We are your global beacon, serving your vessel anywhere in the world.
Why Mr. Marine?
At Mr. Marine, you will join a global team of ambitious, internationally-minded, hands-on professionals. You will be part of a dynamic environment, consistently exposed to new challenges and opportunities to stimulate your professional development. We welcome new ideas and initiatives, investing in your education and growth. You will have the opportunity to build a unique career, fueled by our global scale, support, and inclusive culture. Join our smart, diligent, and fun team to excel in your career!
Responsible for the field service, maintenance, repairs, and inspection of elevator systems.
- Performs technical/periodical inspections of elevator equipment and systems to ensure conformity with the required standards.
- Performs planned, preventive and corrective maintenance for elevator equipment
- Perform repairs and adjustments (electrical and mechanical)
- Troubleshooting elevator malfunctions, diagnosing, identifying and correcting problems
- Perform major mechanical repairs, replacements, and adjustments to all elevator equipment
- Carry out technical site surveys
- Carry out modernization and retrofits
- Prepares timely reports on general system or equipment issues, and replacement parts
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and with customers to provide quality service
- Ensure safety at all times
- Work closely with our technical specialists
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of traction elevators, preferably multi-brand experience
- Experience with escalator and rack & pinion elevators are an added advantage
- Good understanding of current elevator codes, policies, and procedures
- Excellent health and safety knowledge
- Perform and complete tasks independently, efficiently and accurately
- Proficient in and able to explain and demonstrate proper maintenance/inspection procedures
- Troubleshoot and identify complex elevator malfunctions
- Knowledge of multi-brand inverter drives, and controllers
- Provide leadership to instruct, train and review the work of junior technicians.
- Able to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and contractors
- Diploma or degree in engineering, preferably electrical, electronics or instrumentation
- Relevant professional qualification (diploma or certificate in elevator engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in installation and service of traction / hydraulic elevators
- Good understanding of business and technical English.
- Fluent in English and a second language, good written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires travelling within and out of the country.
- Pass offshore medical fitness tests
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Independent, positive person with eagerness for detail
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Team Player
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Problem solver
- Able to multitask
- Flexible working schedule