Regional Manager Americas
The Regional Manager is responsible for managing operations and developing the business in his/her territories. This would include successful fulfilment of the service projects in that region. Finding and contracting new Partners (sub-contractors), maintaining and further optimizing the existing Partners in the Americas region. And in addition organizing and coordinating administrative duties to ensure organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. Reporting to the CEO and Operations Director.
This job vacancy is based in Panama.
All Americas from Canada to Argentina including the Caribbean.
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues including, maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment etc
- Preparing proposals
- Organizing and coordinating projects
- External contacts (port authorities, office owner, insurances, local agents and travel agents)
- General administration of projects (invoicing, certifications)
- Account management for local customers
- 1st level HR
- Reporting of business performance senior management
- Sourcing materials and coordinating deliveries
- Manage stock in the region and warehousing
- Backup for other Country Managers in the same time zone
- Coordinating of work for local technicians
- Analyse the existing partner network, identify blank spots and opportunities (presence, price, quality), and take action where needed
- Negotiate new partner contract in the region and renegotiate existing contracts to better terms
- BSc or MSc, preferably in engineering
- Preferable 5 years experience in the international shipping business
- Excellent reading and writing business English, and the local language
- Good writing and verbal skills; internal and external contracts to be treated correctly
- Organized, analytical, smart
- Effective, efficient and precise
- Problem solver
- Strong in managing business relationships
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Team player
- Good understanding and empathy for culture differences
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Eagerness for detail
- Independent, positive, and fun person to work with.
- KPIs to be mutually agreed.
- No shows
- The volume of jobs handled
- Revenue & gross margin
- Team of technicians, both as subcontractors and on the payroll (MRE & MRB)
- Training of technicians (MRE & MRB)
- Partner Contracts with MRB OEMs
The candidate must have updated documents which allow him/her to work in Panama.