Global Network Assistant
About Mr. Marine
Since 2002, Mr. Marine has been serving ships worldwide. With a global network of 150 technicians present in 350+ ports, we ensure vessels’ safety and compliance 24/7, delivering excellent customer service, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Mr. Marine Elevator is the global leader in marine elevators servicing, performing jobs from Annual Safety Inspections to modernizations.
- Mr. Marine Ballast ensures the compliance of the vessels to the BWT Convention.
- Mr. Marine Instruments & Controls is at your disposal for fire and gas detection, test and calibration equipment, marine automation and instruments, among others.
We are your global beacon, serving your vessel anywhere in the world!
Why Mr. Marine?
At Mr. Marine, you will join a global team of ambitious, internationally-minded, hands-on professionals. You will be part of a dynamic environment, consistently exposed to new challenges and opportunities to stimulate your professional development. We welcome new ideas and initiatives, investing in your education and growth. You will have the opportunity to build a unique career, fueled by our global scale, support, and inclusive culture. Join our smart, diligent, and fun team to excel in your career!
Help enlarge and maintain the global network of technicians that Mr. Marine uses to deliver its inspection, certification and maintenance & repair services in all the verticals in which it operates. You will report to the Global Network Manager.
General note: Technicians can be individual contractors or partner companies that employ one or more technicians. When we speak about technicians below, it can be any of the above.
- Identifying and approaching potential new technicians/companies in the areas designated by the GNM.
- Arrange first contacts to check that the potential partners meet our criteria.
- Arrange interviews (video calls) in coordination with GNM.
- Gathering and the first screening of CVs.
- Coordination with our Technical Department for the Technical vetting and Initial Test of potential partners.
- Ensure all records, documents and agreements related to partners are up to date (including passports, insurance certificates, safety certificates, IDs/Driving licence, etc.).
- Follow up the Induction Training with our Technical Department. Ensure Partners have passed the relevant MR Academy exams successfully allowing them to perform certain types of jobs (incl. refresher courses)
- Registering new partners in our system and announcing them internally.
- Arranging delivery of MR Marine Group IDs and any other branding items needed for technicians (high visibility vests/elevator stickers, etc), making sure IDs are always up to date. Keep registration of delivered items.
- Keep the database up to date (documents, buying terms, etc.)
- Minimum a first-level university degree.
- 1 – 2 years of working experience, preferably in the international shipping business.
- Excellent reading and writing of business English.
- Good understanding and empathy for cultural differences.
- Being a tech-savvy
- Self-starter with the ability to take responsibility
- Team player
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise
- Organised, analytical, clever
- Can handle stress, balanced
- Good communication skills (clear and strong, with empathy)
- Independent, positive person with an eagerness for detail
- Flexible to work in different time frames
- Problem-solving skills (creativity, research, decision making)
- Sense of humour, friendly and a fun colleague