Finance & Business Controller
MR Marine Group is looking for a Controller, who will contribute to realising the strategic objectives, by continuously improving financial and operational processes and pro-actively provides analyses and reports to support (swift) strategic decision-making. The Controller reports directly to the CEO. He or she supports the Management Team, which consists of the CEO, a technical director, key accounts director, and operations director. As Controller you are ultimately responsible for the financial administration and legal and insurance matters. The Controller has a critical and constructive role and is an important sparring partner for the Management Team. Providing proactive and unsolicited advice is highly appreciated. We are looking for a Controller that is capable of grasping the story behind the figures.
- Supporting the management team to achieve MR Marine Group’s strategic goals and help the business grow and thrive;
- Acting as a sparring partner of the Management Team, you are responsible for substantiating business opportunities through financial and commercial (by using external & internal data) analysis;
- Managing a team of two, mainly responsible for bookkeeping entries and debtor control, delegating effectively and helping them achieve their potential;
- Development and implementation of financial policies and procedures. You are responsible for the month-end and annual financial close process;
- Continuous monitoring the financial position and results of the company and flag measures pro-actively if needed;
- Lead the company’s planning, budgeting, forecasting, accounting and controlling processes;
- You will be responsible for providing accurate and timely (monthly, quarterly and annually) reports on how the business is doing. This includes P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and key KPIs; budget versus actuals as well as variance analysis; budgets, annual accounts, investment analyses, et cetera;
- Further development of KPIs for the entire organization, both on financial-economic performance as on commercial traction and operational excellence;
- Taking care of the preparation of the annual report and point of contact for the external auditor;
- Identifying and proactively improving business processes and supporting ICT systems;
- Risk management, including identifying, mapping and reducing risks and dependencies;
- Cash flow management, optimise working capital management, including active debtor- and creditor management, preparing cash flow forecasts and reporting on it;
- When opportunities arise, assessing potential acquisitions, including financial due diligence investigations and integration of the financial administration of future acquisitions;
- Managing the financial, legal and tax aspects of all the company’s subsidiaries and legal entities, including the subsidiaries in India, Panama, Singapore, and Hong-Kong;
- Responsible for treasury, taxation (incl. tax returns, withholding taxes, handling of license agreements) and insurance management (incl. the handling of insurance cases, claims and losses);
- Optimizing the legal and tax structure.
- Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Business Economics, post-graduate degree such as RC is a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience in a comparable position (e.g. Business controller, Financial controller);
- Experience with (financial) analytics tooling such as PowerBI,
- Tenacity, persuasiveness and flexibility to spar with management;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Decisive and proactive;
- Fluent in English;
- An EU-passport or a valid permit to work in the Netherlands without restrictions;
- Experience with fast-growing organization(s) is a plus;
- Experience within a private-equity owned organisation is a plus;
- Knowledge of the maritime industry is a plus.
- The candidate is eager to work in a fast-paced international environment, being responsible for key analyses contributing to the strategic decision-making of the company, and accelerating growth;
- Analytically strong, someone who keeps an overview, sets priorities and capable of managing various projects side by side;
- Strong business sense. Signalling opportunities, someone who likes to constantly evaluate and challenge the business, identify risks and monitors and acts on margin developments;
- Strong financial controlling, budgeting, financial forecasting and financial planning and analysis skills;
- Hands-on, with a natural sense of urgency in carrying out improvement projects without sacrificing quality;
- A good people manager who quickly builds a relationship with the management team, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- A fun person that fits well in our team.
- Competitive package, in line with current market conditions.
- Incentive based on achieving defined KPIs.
- Transportation allowance.
- Personal training and education budget.