Service Engineer – Elevator (Panama)
Why Mr. Marine?
At Mr. Marine, you will be part of a young and ambitious team consisting of a diverse set of internationally-minded, hands-on professionals. You will have the opportunity to build a unique career, fueled by our global scale, support, and inclusive culture. Our dynamic environment allows you to implement and develop new business skills. Mr. Marine welcomes new ideas and initiatives that can contribute to the growth of our people and company. We are here to listen to you and take action. Join our smart, diligent, and fun team to excel in your career!
Responsible for the field service, maintenance, repairs, and inspection of elevator systems.
- Performs technical/periodical inspections of elevator equipment and systems to ensure conformity with the required standards.
- Performs planned, preventive and corrective maintenance for elevator equipment
- Perform repairs and adjustments (electrical and mechanical)
- Troubleshooting elevator malfunctions, diagnosing, identifying and correcting problems
- Perform major mechanical repairs, replacements, and adjustments to all elevator equipment
- Carry out technical site surveys
- Carry out modernization and retrofits
- Prepares timely reports on general system or equipment issues, and replacement parts
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and with customers to provide quality service
- Ensure safety at all times
- Work closely with our technical specialists
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of traction elevators, preferably multi-brand experience
- Experience with escalator and rack & pinion elevators are an added advantage
- Good understanding of current elevator codes, policies, and procedures
- Excellent health and safety knowledge
- Perform and complete tasks independently, efficiently and accurately
- Proficient in and able to explain and demonstrate proper maintenance/inspection procedures
- Troubleshoot and identify complex elevator malfunctions
- Knowledge of multi-brand inverter drives, and controllers
- Provide leadership to instruct, train and review the work of junior technicians.
- Able to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and contractors
- Diploma or degree in engineering, preferably electrical, electronics or instrumentation
- Relevant professional qualification (diploma or certificate in elevator engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in installation and service of traction / hydraulic elevators
- Good understanding of business and technical English.
- Fluent in English and a second language, good written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires travelling within and out of the country.
- Pass offshore medical fitness tests
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Independent, positive person with eagerness for detail
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Team Player
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated
- Problem solver
- Able to multitask
- Flexible working schedule
Note: Valid Visa /working permit without restrictions is needed