Ballast Water System Service Engineer
We are looking for a Ballast Water Treatment System service engineer to join our network, either as an employee or as a contractor.
- Responsible for service, troubleshooting and repairs of the Ballast Water Treatment systems.
- Carrying out annual surveys, validation tests, calibration of the TRO sensors and sample collection for laboratory testing.
- Required to travel domestically and internationally.
- 3+ years’ experience in ballast water system installation, testing & commissioning and servicing of the ballast water systems.
- Knowledge of multi-brand ballast water treatment systems and machinery.
- Understanding and awareness of IMO BWM Discharge Standards, BWM Convention requirements and Class/USCG regulations.
- Knowledge/experience in 3D Laser scanning is an added advantage.
- Minimum a Diploma in electrical, mechanical or marine engineering.
- Good understanding of electrical engineering, PLC systems/programming, and automation systems.
- Knowledge of electrical and engineering drawings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Solution-driven with a strong customer first mindset.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.