Operations Assistant (Panama)
At Mr. Marine, you will be part of a young and ambitious team consisting of a diverse set of internationally-minded, hands-on professionals. You will have the opportunity to build a unique career, fueled by our global scale, support, and inclusive culture. Our dynamic environment allows you to implement and develop new business skills. Mr. Marine welcomes new ideas and initiatives that can contribute to the growth of our people and company. We are here to listen to you and take action. Join our smart, diligent, and fun team to excel in your career!
The Operations Assistant assists the regional manager with the operations and development of the business in his/her territory. The role also includes organizing and coordinating administrative duties to ensure organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. Reporting to the Regional Manager (Panama).
- Organize Panama office operations and procedures
- General administration of Panama subsidiary
- Address regional employees’ queries
- External contacts (port authorities, ticketing, insurances etc.)
- 1st level HR for Panama technicians
- Service management and reporting
- Sourcing materials locally
- Backup for Regional Managers (Americas region)
- Coordinating/assigning work for the regional technicians.
- Technicians/local partner administration
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering or maritime field
- Preferable 2 years experience in the international shipping business
- Excellent reading and writing business English, and the local language
- Good writing and verbal skills; internal and external contracts to be treated correctly
- Organized, analytical, smart
- Effective, efficient and precise
- Problem solver
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Team player
- Good understanding and empathy for cultural differences
- Thinking in solutions, not in problems
- Eagerness for detail
- Independent, positive, and fun person to work with.
Note: Panamanian passport or existing residence without restrictions is needed