Responsible for the day-to-day support of existing customers, being the primary point of contact between customer and the company. The account manager provides customer support, organizes technical support, plans and optimizes the account, as well as further develops the good relationship with the customer.
Reporting to the Key Account Director.
- In time follow up of submitted proposals
- Analyzes existing customer performances, finds opportunities, plans and takes action to obtain more business
- Assist on following up on serious complaints
- Ensures proposals to key customers are sent out promptly
- General customer liaison
- General administration
- Recording and analyzing KPI’s, and reports management on results and possible improvements
- Close contact with Operations and Technical department
- BSc. or MSc
- Minimum 3 years Account Management experience
- Preferable 3 years in the international shipping business
- Excellent reading and writing business English, plus a second relevant language
- Quick and efficient with computers.
- Commercially strong, knows how to match the company’s goals to customer needs
- Convincing character, natural leader
- Strong in managing business relationships
- Team player
- Good understanding and empathy for culture differences
- Proactive, knows how to prioritize, efficient
- Organized, analytical, clever
- Can handle stress, balanced
- Good communication skills (clear and strong, with empathy)
- Independent, positive person with an eagerness for detail
- Thinking in solutions not problems
- Sense of humour, a fun colleague.
- Minimum 25% annual growth of key accounts turnover (key accounts are defined at the beginning of each year)